Can't wait for our baby girl!

Monday, July 26, 2010

"The puppies are here!"




Hollywood and I the night before her puppies were born.

I sure do wish I only had to carry the baby for 62 days like Hollywood carried her pups! I'm 35 weeks here.


Friday morning 7-16-10 Hollywood was taken to the vet in Hollywood, FL by a friend of ours to have her pups. I was so anxious all day! Once she arrived to the vet they had to do some blood work and she just hung out until early afternoon. Around 1pm I got a phone call from Dustin...12 pups, all healthy! 5 Girls and 7 Boys. I couldn't wait for the work day to be over to see Holly's little babies. On my way home from work I went to the pet store to get formula and bottles for the little ones. When I got home I prepared a few bottles and waited patiently for their arrival, the 30 minutes seemed like eternity!

In walks Dustin with a basket full of pups, they were all so cute and very tiny. We set up the kiddie pool in the living room, lined it with towels and placed the pups and Hollywood in. She was out of it due to the anesthesia but was being a good mommy considering the circumstances. Dustin and I took turns throughout the night keeping an eye on the puppies. He had to work Saturday so I was on puppy duty! I was so thankful that my friend Alyssa and her little girl Leilani come over and keep me company for the afternoon.

Aunt Jackie and Uncle Doug came over from the west coast for a short visit and were able to see the pups and they brought Jaelyn some adorable outfits!

Saturday was a long night for us, it all began when Dustin woke me up around 10pm in a panic because one of the runt pups was limp and not breathing very well. He handed the pup to me and he was cool to the touch, we were both in panic mode but I remember what the vet told me to do if this happened. So I had Dustin dilute some clear Karo syrup with water and I fed it the little guy. I had zip lock bag with warm water on my chest and the pup on top of the bag and wrapped in a wash cloth to keep him warm. The Karo got his blood sugar up and I bottle fed him through the night. We discovered that he wasn't strong enough to latch on to Hollywood and when he was latched on he wasn't strong enough to get any milk and that is why he grew weak. We said a little prayer for him and and kept close watch every hour of the night!

Around 6:30am Sunday morning Dustin and I laid down for a little nap. We woke up a little after 9am to feed the pups...WE HAD NO WATER!!! This was not good, nor fun to wake up to after only get a couple hour nap and no sleep the night before. I called my parents not knowing what on earth to do and they were over within the hour and my step dad replaced the pressure switch on the water pump and had us up and running! I don't know what we would have done if he couldn't fix it. My mom made us an awesome dinner so Dustin and I were able to relax!

These puppies have kept us on the go this past week and are growing stronger each day. I know for sure Dustin and I will have no problem with night feedings once baby Jaelyn is here...I'd have to say 12 pups is more work than one baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment